Tuesday 29 March 2011

Diorama

Welcome lads and ladies to this exciting thing known as a Diorama. This was the first creative task given to us to do in our studio class.
so the first thought that came to me was to ask.....what do I think is a diorama, however, this led into a boring useless path of rhetorical questions that I honestly didn't want to answer.  Thank god my tutor came when he did and asked me the question...
"What do you like?"
this was easy. I had a full comprehensive list within 10 minutes 

once stripped down and organised into when (the chronological order i obsessed about it) read something like this:'

-Twiggy
-Cats/ Catwoman
-Street Art/ Bruce Willis
-Sexless figures/Buffy
-Dr Suess
-Sin City
-The universe being insane
-Manga
-Music
-Lamb Chops

and for the first time I allowed myself to fully submerge into what i like.

I had the idea to use the book form as a means of showing this story (from Amy Wilson's work)

and decieded to use Al foil as the material to do this on, as it is reflective and cool to work with.




















so in the end you get a book :)
and a diorama

No comments:

Post a Comment