Tuesday 29 March 2011

Previous Works: The Common Theme

I decided to look back at my art and see if i could find any common connections  between them as they were each created at different times and for different things. What i found was rather surprising, there was a common theme...

made in 2006.

made in 2007


made in 2008

made in 2009

made in 2010

and this film...


that was played on this screen


I found that the common theme between each is that of androgyny. The figures i draw are either undefined as to what sex they are or have characteristics of both female and male. Although I only really could connect the dots after I had completed my Diorama, a collection of all that i had been obsessed with drawing. (i will post influences and pics of my diorama later)    and for this I now know how i can continue making work form this concept and the media that i can used.

Needless to say i am excited as a fat kid in a candy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment