Tuesday 29 March 2011

The Ideas/ Processes behind the Diorama

This is an explanation/ notes of why and how these images came about.

TWIGGINS
this is a familiar character that i seem to be drawing lately and is what i identify as my mark at the moment.
He is based on the bassist from the band Marilyn Manson, one of my greatest influences in both my life and in my artwork. Twiggins will turn up again as i backlog on my influences and artworks etc.






CATS/CATWOMAN
I've always been a fan of batman, with my favorite character being cat woman and cats are my favorite animal. this is because both are independent, graceful and undeterred by others. My firends and i were once discussing the caracters of batman in which he said..
"Cat Woman Was Just Some Crazy Bitch That Got Pushed Out Of A Window"
i never agreed but the quote stills makes me smile. 



STREET ART/BRUCE WILLIS
i loved the dirty raw quality of street art and the skill it takes to make a work, not tagging, but a work that is skillfully carried out and can be admired. also i love Bruce Willis, whom in my eyes is the ultimate action hero (not Arnie the shmuck) and in every film i have seen so far is awesome/ great and brings the character to life. That's when I decided to watch every movie with Bruce Willis in it...I am still going........


SEXLESS FIGURES/BUFFY
I started drawing these faceless/sexless figures always trying to answer the question i thought perplexing and very confusing in nature.

All People 
are people
Are people
all people?


i also started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer in which had an episode that touched my morbid teenage heart. It contained two poems that i still have written on a crummy peiece of paper to this very day.
 
They Read:
poem one:
The sheets above my cool skin
like dirt on a madwoman's gave
I rise into the moonlight whitw
and watch the mirror stare
the pale fish looks back at me
pale fish will never swim
my skin is milk for no man the drink
my thighs unused, unclenched
this body is not ready yet
but dirt waits for no woman
and coins will buy no time
i hear the chatter of the bugs
it's they alone will feast.

Poem two:
I sit alone at my windowsill
trees crackle, sunshine blares
and children laugh like death 
their sharp happiness is a knife to me
one jealous snake on a windowsill
They will be here, tress and sun
and children with canes and pruney skin
when i am but a memory
i laugh in the trees of time

i sit alone and try to love them
i sit alone, a snake
i sit alone and try to love them
i sit alone and laugh





DR SUESS
i loved him as a child and fell back in love with his stories after reading some of his quotes. he is one of the smartest human beings to ever exist in my opinion and his says for life always cheer me up.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment