Wednesday 6 April 2011

Influence: Frank Miller

Frank Miller is my all time favorite graphic novelist, I as i hope you surely do count this as a form of visual art, making him one of my top rated artists and a very heavy influence in my art and ideas (for things that aren't twiggy related, which happens sometimes) and his stories are also very influential in my work as i enjoy witty text and solid story lines. 

my favorite images of his are in his sin city series.
Image: Marv smoking

Image: Nacy

Image: Nacy age 11
Image: Blue eyes
I also love the film which Miller helped direct and the fact that like in his work (art) that the film used select colour in a black and white world to give the viewers a link back to his work .

References:
Miller, F (1996) That Yellow Bastard; A tale from sin city Dark Horse Comics 
Unknown (2008) Art of Frank Miller http://artoffm.com/ [accessed 6/4/2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment